Bywater Books is pleased to announce that three of our titles have been named finalists for the Golden Crown Literary Society’s 2018 Ann Bannon Popular Choice Award.
Congratulations to Rachel Spangler, Bonnie J. Morris, and Ann McMan.
The Ann Bannon Popular Choice Award recognizes the book that has been picked as the membership’s favorite among nominated entries. Ann Bannon is the author of a series of five lesbian pulp novels known as “The Beebo Brinker Chronicles.” Written from 1957 to 1962, the books were bestsellers when they were first released, and have had remarkable longevity, especially for genre fiction. They have been published in five different editions and in several languages, and are often taught in women’s studies and LGBT studies courses. Ann was the winner of the first GCLS Trailblazer Award in 2005.
- An Outsider Inside by R J Samuel, Self-Published
- Edge of Glory by Rachel Spangler, Bywater Books
- Goldenrod by Ann McMan, Bywater Books
- Our Happy Hours, LGBT Voices From the Gay Bars by S. Renee Bess and Lee Lynch (eds.), Flashpoint Publications
- Perfect Rhythm by Jae, Ylva Publishing
- Right Here, Right Now by Georgia Beers, Bold Strokes Books
- Sappho’s Bar and Grill by Bonnie J. Morris, Bywater Books
- Strawberry Summer by Melissa Brayden, Bold Strokes Books
- Time’s Rainbow: Writing Ourselves Back Into American History by Lori L. Lake & Christopher Hawthorne Moss (ed.), Launch Point Press
The Golden Crown Literary Society (GCLS) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, volunteer organization whose mission is education and the promotion and recognition of lesbian literature.